The Weekend Picture No. 49
|E and the Dubmeister beside the seaside, beside the sea|
We went to the seaside.
We piled down the A3 to Southsea where we joined the throngs and had a great day for the following reasons:
1. The seaside is much nicer than the town when it is hot.
2. Southsea has Clarence Pier which sells food that is cooked in layers of fat and grease and tastes all the better for it.
3. Clarence Pier has an 80's throwback fun fair with rides that make you scream and/ or puke (if you have indulged in a number 2 (see above)) and a sound system which features up and coming artists like Duran Duran, Belinda Carlisle and Sinitta.
4. If you get bored of number 3 you can always hang out next to the hovercraft terminal and try to avoid getting sprayed as it powers into it's landing station.
5. The D-Day museum is fascinating, moving and eye-opening.
6. It didn't rain once!